Thursday, June 2, 2011

Beware of Regus Service Office!

Before you consider taking up a contract with Regus Service Office. Please be advise to re-consider your decision. Regus is well known to be Blood sucker, they look very pleasant, friendly and professional before you sign the dotted line. Once the contract is signed, you will be a piece of dead meat in no time. So, before you sign, spend 2 week to read the fine fine print........otherwise, you will join many innocent people out there bleeding to death.

So, let us help to you to see the true identity of REGUS SERVICE OFFICE and if you are also one of the victims, please share your experience here.

Many of the complaints out there are very similar to what I am facing and the advices from these people are the same. From what gathered, Regus is only keen in charging you anything and everything, reasonable or unreasonable. Goodwill is a piece of shit to them. Dollars and cents worth more. SO Avoid REGUS! They just have no morals.

Ask REGUS why is their contract terms and conditions are print in fine print? READ every single word, ask every fees they are going to charged. When you end your contract, it does not end! They will charge you 3 month Continuity Service, which NO REGUS Sales people will NOT tell you when they want to get you. ALSO ridiculous OFFICE RESTORATION SERVICE, which when your term end and moving out, they will Charge you for re-painting! so, Avoid Regus. They really sucks!

"She informed me that I was being charged a $1000 business continuation fee and that my security deposit will not be returned until I've resolved my account. There was no hope left. I had no one to speak to about my overcharged bill on the month of March. Regus also charged me $300 wear and tear fee for an office I had used for three months. The office was practically brand new when I left

So here's my advice: don't go to Regus"

FACTS ABOUT REGUS BUSINESS CONTINUITY SERVICE

Prior to signing of my contract with Regus, Mark Sinclair (General Manager) assured me there would not be any additional fees/hidden fees. I was informed by a competitor that Regus had hidden fees and not to go with them during my research of finding a temp office space. My contract was for 3 months. During the last week of my contract I emailed and personally asked the Operations manager, Marybeth Catinella if I had to sign, review, final walk through, and anything else prior to my last date so that I do not get any other charges then what I have already paid. Marybeth Catinella said "dont worry about it, everything is fine" and that I should receive my deposit in 30 days. On the 30th day I receive an invoice for $1032.50. After further research I found out the contract had a clause with NO FEE SCHEDULE about "continuing business" setup. I asked Mark Sinclair about the fee and he just email replying "I just received word back from my boss that Regus cannot waive the business continuity charges that are outlined in section 23 of the terms and conditions of the service agreement."
I'm a small business owner. Every dollar matters! I received a PROMISE from the General Manager assuring me there will be no other fee then the $600 per month and assured me his competitor was lying. When I asked the Operations Manager if I needed to do anything to assure my full deposit with no other charges, she stated "dont worry about it, everything is fine".
I should have ended my contract when I received my 1st invoice with a higher agreed fee of $600 BUT again I was sold by the General Manager, Mark Sinclair.
I am very upset that I was deceived and not told all the information by the General Manager and the Operations Manager (Mark Sinclair and Marybeth Catinell).
I want to warn others of Regus's hidden fees and bait and switch sales tactic.

If you are still unconvinced, read what a ex-employee has to say about REGUS.

I worked for HQ/Regus for nine years and I sympathize with many of you on here.

I’ll give a little background. I originally worked for HQ Global for the first half of my career in this industry. HQ was a wonderful company to work for. I was a General Manager (I think they’re now called Center Managers) at a center (and held other positions throughout my career there) and basically what happened was, at the beginning of every year we were given a budget and told to make it happen. If we needed help we would call our superiors for help, otherwise we were pretty much left to run the centers as we wished. While working for HQ, we knew the tactics of Regus and often we would have clients come to HQ from Regus because of some of the things people mention on here. During those years I absolutely loved my job.

Then Regus purchased HQ. At first, not much changed. Then, slowly but surely, we had to start adopting the policies and procedures of Regus. This was extremely difficult because we went from a bottom-up (HQ) to a top-down (Regus) organization. All the decisions came from the top, you either followed the rules, or you got out. Unfortunately I stayed for several more years. In retrospect, I should have gotten out a long time before.

The main concerns of those posting on here are: Business Continuation and Wear and Tear fees, are in fact in every agreement (yes, in fine print). When I would sign agreements with my clients I would highlight those sections before a client signed because I had so many clients get angry about these charges. Keep in mind, I had no choice but to charge them, none of the managers in any of the centers have any decision as to whether to charge them or not. Also, managers are told that these fees cannot be waived under any conditions. This is one of those top-down decisions. As for the sales associates, they are under huge pressure to close deals no matter what. Typically the sales people will not let themselves get tied down with the Terms and Conditions of the Agreement, that’s left to the General (Center) Manager.

Sometimes wear and tear fees are justified, but more often than not, it’s just extra money in Regus’ pocket. Security deposits, generally take 45 days to refund, but Regus will not refund deposits until the balance on your account is zero. Additionally, they will tack on late fees to every invoice after the 5th of each month without question – whether you dispute charges or not (also in the fine print of your agreement).

Regus is a true shame. I could have easily have had a life-long career with Regus, but it’s managed so poorly that I could not stay any longer. The concept is brilliant and works, and can work very well, for many types of industries. The problem is, upper management (from Mark Dixon, Guillermo Rottman, and others at the top) is so greedy and has no clue about how a center is run. Furthermore, Regus has lost, and will continue to lose, talented people because of their business practices. It’s such a shame because Regus really could be a great company, they just have no morals.

11 comments:

  1. If I had only read this a few months a go. Unfortunately, I too am a victim. I have only had the service for 60 days and am already regretting it. To start my tale of woe, I called Regus after looking at several other virtual offices. I was treated kindly and (apparently) was told what I wanted to hear. To start out all I wanted was some mailboxes is several states to kick-off my business expansion. When I called the number, an individual told me that it would only be $69.00 a month starting the next month and they waived the setup fee- so I jumped on it. "Hey, (I thought) being that cheap, later on I would pick up several more mailboxes. So, she said they $69.00 USD was all apart of that months promotion and that they rarely offer that. So, I signed up, I was billed and thought "o.k, I am happy" within 30 days I was sent a bill of $138.00+ USD telling me they charged a setup fee, the remainder of the month of April and the next month- I put a stop to the billing. I contacted another representative to resolve the issue. I told this individual that it would appear that a "happy" frequent customer- that has expressed interest in our other services, would be an asset to us, so lets keep her coming back.

    Well, no- they decided that not only were they going to charge me $200.00 USD- they were going to ignore the fact that the individual misinformed me about the billing. I was told, "Well, this is all stated in the agreement". Well, I stated until you resolve this, I am not paying. My Center Manager- told me (as stated in this post) that I am another "number" to them and once I stopped paying on the account they turned my account over to collections rather than resolve the issue- they now want nearly $900 USD.

    Obviously, I was aghast- "what kind of service is this". Keep in mind, I had yet to complete the paper work for them to accept my mail and the only service I had was the mail box forwarding service (to which I never got any mail). I stated to them that this all seems like a scam, How can you charge me for being interested in your company.

    Well, to get my account out of collections and whatnot they are not billing me for nearly $400. Again, I have yet to use the service. I made it clear, what I was told by one of their corporate sales people.

    So, their "white flag" is to have me pay nearly $400 to get the account out of collections and current- then they may credit me something.

    Apparently, companies believe that a one-time customer is worth more than a lifelong customer. For this reason, I am going to pay and from here on out, I will spend my days letting the world know this company is terrible, needs to change their practices and prove that a "happy" customer is worth more than a pissed off one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I never used anything. I did no even get to complete the paper work. All they had to do was credit me and continue billing the $69.99 now they say I have to pay for them choosing to turn the account into collections, reinstatement, fees etc. Again, I signed on with them in April 2012- and I am angry that it has come to this, when it did not have to. Join us on Facebook- RegusSucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://regus-fine-print.blogspot.com

    bad taste too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I came to look for a place at the Regus building, the Site Manager from Regus Chertsey sold me the space. Now, I did not want to take it as the price was a bit too high for my liking.

    He said that he would sort out my internet pricing as he couldn't do any thing about the price of the office.

    Internet:
    Two products.
    Core Product- basic Internet 500MB usage a month. £20 a month
    Pro Product- Unlimited usage a month £60 a month

    So his pitch was, you start off with the Core product and in a month or two I will get you shifted to the Pro Package at the same cost.
    This is because I said that the core had too little usage space for my work. In the end I signed a 1 year contract on grounds of what he promised. ( I know I should have taken it in writing but I trusted the guy )

    So two months after moving in I sent him a mail asking him to make the switch. He asked me to give it till the end of the month as Andrea, a manager at this branch was going on maternity leave then (I was told she goes by the book and would not do the shift). I trusted him and said ok. Last month I get a bill of almost £200 extra on my Internet. So I send him a mail asking him to get it sorted out.

    Now after mis- selling me the deal and getting me to sign a 1 year contract with Regus, he seems to have washed his hands. Please read his last mail to me .

    I have just lost £400 in the last 2 months on Internet price. That is just not right. I am not happy at all . Why trick someone into signing a contract. Im not sure what business ethics or professional ethics he has. But people like that will only spoil the name of the company and every one working in it, I really want to cc this mail to every one in Regus but I'm just holding back.
    Since the last invoice I have asked them to terminate my internet connection .But this month I get another invoice for internet for £300. They are a joke ..
    I would like to advice any one thinking about taking a contract with Regus to stop and just do a short contract so they will se how crap they are .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regus Ballance Sheffield, UK - Unbelievable experience

    I would warn anyone about the issues we've had with Regus in Sheffield.

    We we're initially given promises by the sales rep prior to signing the agreement which were purely to meet monthly sales targets within the building. We we're assured of a monthly cost but beware there are many hidden costs which were only disclosed once the agreement was signed. We we're told by the sales rep our monthly bill would be in the region of £750.00 but with hidden extras such as additional data charges the monthly cost was £1100.00 - £1200.00. Subsequently that sales person left the business.

    We also had tenants in the office next door who for 5 months played music full volume and shouted to each other during sales exercises for 2 hours every morning. We made several complaints but nothing was done about this. Regus are clearly incapable of enforcing their house rules. Initially before we signed up we asked on 2 occasions if we could view the office in the morning but we were told that it was only possible in the afternoon which was clearly down to the noise every morning.

    There were more than 5 incidents of people flying round the corridors on electric segway boards carrying hot drinks. Again little was done about this. On one incident we had clients nearly hit by someone flying down the corridor as they stepped out of the office door.

    The office cleaners come in to clean in the morning between 9-10 which disrupts the office during this time.

    The front desk receptionist failed to acknowledge our company existed in the building even though he had been told on many occasions. Even to the point of arguing with clients that our company was not in the building.

    Very poor customer service and lack of response to emails was very frustrating.

    Also beware of the auto-renewal as this caught us out. The reminder email comes through 3 months before the lease ends and then auto-renews for the same period again. Unfortunately the auto-renewal email had gone into a junk email folder and as a result we had missed it and were locked in for a further 6 months even though we have left the premises.

    We asked Regus for a show of good faith to see if there was any movement on the period of auto-renewal but there was nothing even after everything we had endured during this period.

    Being at the Regus office has affected relationships with our clients due to the various incidents and has affected productivity within the company.

    An extremely bad service overall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true. Stay away from Regus. There are a lot of hidden costs hiding under that contract that you sign, which they never tell you. They charge "Business continuity fee" and "Exit Fee" when we end the agreement, which are total ripoff. Their wireless internet is pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Hade bad bad experience using Regus in Shenzhen China.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been trying top cancel a simple voicemail service from the beginning of August with no luck. The REGUS app is supposed to have a button to "end agreement" but when clicked it came up with errors and then disappeared. The accounts.helpdesk keeps referring me to same said button and cant close the account. The contact us button doesn't work on the app either. The support desk takes a week to respond and don't seem to read the message or what the issue is. I cannot believe I am spending so much time on this. I have had to resort to contacting the bank for a stop order. Shocking Regus, absolutely shocking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope that I saw this earlier... Victim here. For the ridiculous restoration fee. They are Regus Plano and Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Manage your bets: The citizen titanium dive watch is no
    Watch gold titanium Now: Manage your bets: The 2019 ford fusion hybrid titanium citizen titanium dive watch is no longer just titanium network surf freely another brand new titanium rod in leg watch brand on the market. micro touch titanium trimmer

    ReplyDelete